Thursday, February 19, 2009

February 2009


For the latter part of January until now, I've had Valentine decorations up. As I have not been to work in three days because of a cold, I was unable to take pictures (and someone kindly took down decorations for me). I had our Valentine heart bears on one wall and this year I put up the Valentine tree. The Valentine tree is basically our fall tree covered in hearts of all different colors and sizes, with a corresponding poem to go up right beside it.

On the smallest wall, I created a mural of Abe Lincoln (since it is his 200th birthday!). To create the mural, I had the image blown up to fit on about 35 8 by 11 size pages. I think pieced them together and secured them with my trusty gluestick. It might not look it from the picture, but it's a good 2.5 foot tall by 4.5 foot wide. On one side I put the Emancipation Proclamation and on the other side I put the Gettysburg Address. It was the perfect background for our birthday celebration we had on Saturday, February 7. Here our director, dressed as Abe, reads to children in 2nd-5th grade.

No comments: